Spark is seeking an enthusiastic individual to help us promote our anthology. This is an unpaid, volunteer position (as is Editor-in-Chief), but it may be listed on your resume/C.V. In many cases, this volunteer position also qualifies for college internship credit. Marketing experience or a current education focus in marketing is not required, but would be a big plus.
- Post news and announcements to the Spark website (http://SparkAnthology.org) approximately once every week or two (or as needed).
- Post updates about our news and announcements more frequently to social media networks and regularly respond to comments on those sites.
- Research relevant venues for promoting Spark and our contests, including (but not limited to) writers’ market directories, writing forums and workshops, blogs, sponsorships, and paid advertisement opportunities.
- Monitor and review listings for Spark in writer’s market directories, reporting incorrect or outdated information to Spark‘s editor.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual or team with a demonstrated ability to use social networking to promote a cause, business, and/or events.
Skills we believe you should have in order to be effective include:
- Familiarity with social networking sites. Be prepared to list those you use regularly, and give some concrete examples of how you would promote Spark on at least two of them.
- The ability to perform self-guided online research seek out writing forums and marketing opportunities to get more exposure for Spark and promote upcoming contests.
- The ability to interact with others online in a consistently professional manner.
- Creativity in finding marketing opportunities, with an awareness of budget limitations. “Free” is great, but something really worthwhile that has an associated cost will be considered, in discussion with the Editor in Chief.
- Depending on the number of applicants and their qualifications, one to three volunteers will be selected. Therefore, an ability to communicate and collaborate with others who have similar tasks delegated is essential.
A nice-to-have bonus skill is familiarity with HTML. This may come in handy for directly editing listings on some sites and advanced formatting of posts and announcements on SparkAnthology.org.
This position is currently closed. If you would like us to consider you for this opportunity in the future, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter:
- Briefly describe your background and any marketing campaigns or opportunities you have participated in.
- Explain your familiarity with various social networks and give concrete high-level examples of how you would promote Spark and interact with other network members on two of them.
- Excluding SparkAnthology.org and the source where you learned about this opportunity, list at least two sites or online sources where you can find mention of Spark.